Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Commitment
The Kansas City Southern Railway Company (KCSR) is committed to the safety of our employees, the quality of our services, and being responsible stewards for the protection of our environment, the communities in which we operate and our customers.
We are dedicated to improving our compliance processes and business practices by working openly with our stakeholders and using quantifiable goals to drive sustained safety and environmental excellence. Our daily decisions and actions at KCSR are guided by the following Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) principles:
- Commitment to the continual improvement of the HSSE management system
- Providing the necessary training to promote safe work behavior and compliance with rules and operating practices
- Efficient use of natural resources to minimize emissions, reduce waste generation and prevent pollution
- Integration of HSSE responsibilities and considerations into daily operations and business decision-making processes
- Participation in the development of sound risk management policy within the transportation and chemical sectors
- Dedicating resources to improve employee security awareness and upgrade physical and cyber-security systems
- Commitment to compliance with applicable HSSE laws, regulations and other Responsible Care® requirements to which we subscribe
With these principles as the foundation of our management system, we can continue to be a responsible corporate citizen and maintain compliance with both the letter and spirit of our HSSE Commitment.
David L. Starling
Patrick J. Ottensmeyer