Supplier Invoice Process
KCS uses Optical Character Recognition (OCF) software to process invoices. To expedite the payment process, please follow these steps:
- Let your KCS representative know whether you accept credit card payments or obtain a valid purchase order number for the acquisition of goods/services.
- Include your purchase order number on the invoice. If you are billing for goods or services that do not require a purchase order, you must identify contact information for the KCS representative who authorized the purchase.
- If you are in the USA, email your invoices to
Accounts Payable (see technical requirements below). If sending an invoice electronically through email is not an option, you may fax it to us at 816-218-0108. For companies located in Mexico, please contact the Purchasing Department to receive instructions about the invoice process.
Technical requirements for electronic invoice submission:
- PDF or TIFF format
- 300 DPI (dots per inch) minimum resolution
- Black and white (no gray-scale, color or highlighted fields)
- Single invoice and all pertinent backup per file (do not include a copy of the purchase order)
- Multiple invoices can be included in the same email if they are separate PDF or TIFF files
- Typed invoice must contain the purchase order number and a line pertaining to the service or material