June 05, 2017
Kansas City, Mo., June 5, 2017. Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYSE: KSU) subsidiary, The Kansas City Southern Railway Company (KCSR), has recognized several companies with its 2016 Hazardous Material Shipper Safety Award for a year free of hazardous materials incidents. Each of these customers shipped more than 500 hazardous materials tank cars with no incidents in 2016.
Among the honorees are Axiall Corp., Chemtrade, Elbow River Marketing, Ltd., ExxonMobil, Green Plains Trade Group, Hunt Crude Oil Supply Company, LLC, Ingevity Corp., Linde, LLC, Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC, Martin Resource Management, Occidental Chemical Corporation, Reagent Chemical & Research, Inc., Sandhill Group, LLC, Shell Chemical, The Dow Chemical Company, Valero Marketing & Supply and Westlake Chemical.
“Kansas City Southern shares with these customers a steadfast dedication to the safe movement of every shipment every day. We honor this commitment for the protection of our environment and the safety and health of our employees, customers and the citizens of every community where we live and operate,” said KCS executive vice president and chief marketing officer Brian Hancock. “We offer the Safe Shipper Award to these customers in gratitude for their business and commitment to these shared values.”
KCSR’s daily decisions and actions are guided by the following Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) principles:
• Commitment to the continual improvement of the HSSE management system;
• Providing the necessary training to promote safe work behavior and compliance with rules and operating practices;
• Efficient use of natural resources to minimize emissions, reduce waste generation and prevent pollution;
• Integration of HSSE responsibilities and considerations into daily operations and business decision-making processes;
• Participation in the development of sound risk management policy within the transportation and chemical sectors;
• Dedicating resources to improve employee security awareness and upgrade physical and cyber-security systems; and
• Commitment to compliance with applicable HSSE laws, regulations and other Responsible Care® requirements to which we subscribe.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., KCS is a transportation holding company that has railroad investments in the U.S., Mexico and Panama. Its primary U.S. holding is KCSR, serving the central and south central U.S. Its international holdings include Kansas City Southern de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., serving northeastern and central Mexico and the port cities of Lázaro Cárdenas, Tampico and Veracruz, and a 50 percent interest in Panama Canal Railway Company, providing ocean-to-ocean freight and passenger service along the Panama Canal. KCS' North American rail holdings and strategic alliances are primary components of a NAFTA Railway system, linking the commercial and industrial centers of the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Contact: C. Doniele Carlson, 816-983-1372