Kansas City Southern Vision:
KCS strives to consistently be the fastest-growing, best-performing, most customer-focused transportation provider in North America.
The KCS Culture is a set of values, beliefs and behaviors that define our Company, and create a foundation for our growth and success. Our strong culture and core values will allow KCS to fulfill its Vision and continue to endure in times of stress.
- Safety: First and foremost, we will demonstrate a commitment to safety, for ourselves and our fellow employees, customers, contractors and any other guests on our property. At KCS, safety is an obligation, not an option.
- Customer focus: We will recognize that we are in the business of serving customers and will strive to consistently meet or exceed their expectations and deliver on our commitments. We will do what we say we are going to do.
- Communication: We will support an environment of open and honest communication in which transparency of information and diversity of perspective are valued.
- Teamwork: We will encourage and reward initiative and cross-functional teamwork. We will treat our fellow employees, and other business associates, with dignity and respect. Railroading is a team sport!
- Initiative & Innovation: We will nurture an environment which encourages and rewards resourcefulness, innovation and creativity, and where all individuals’ contributions are encouraged and respected.
- Diversity & Civility: We will embrace our cross-cultural heritage and promote a work environment that is inclusive of everyone. We will honor the rights of all individuals to be treated with respect and dignity.
KCS STATEMENT ON RACIAL INJUSTICE AND INEQUALITY